Spoil your pup with these easy homemade dog treats. Made with just 3 ingredients, this oatmeal pumpkin dog treat recipe is a healthy and inexpensive alternative to store-bought treats.
For these treats, use rolled oats instead of flour. Put the oats in the food processor to make the texture finer. This did the trick. As you can see, it is not ground into a fine powder. I left it slightly coarse, but much finer than the whole oats.
The next step is to add in the eggs and the pumpkin purée. When buying canned pumpkin to make these dog biscuits, make sure that the can says 100% pumpkin. Do not get pumpkin pie mix. Turn the food processor on and let it mix until the dough looks fairly uniform.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Add oats to the bowl of a food processor.
- Let machine run for 2 - 3 minutes, until oats are almost flour consistency with a few big pieces left.
- Add pumpkin purée and eggs, mix to combine until dough looks uniform.
- Scoop with small cookie scoop and drop on a parchment (or silpat)-lined sheet pan.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake for 16 - 18 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Cool completely before giving to your dog.