These homemade treats are specifically made with ingredients to help soothe your dog during those high-energy or agitated moments such as fireworks. Made with calming and healthy ingredients, these treats help fight anxiety and insomnia. Trust us, your pup will prefer the chamomile tea in a crunchy treat over steeped in his water bowl!
Here’s the quick and simple recipe:
How To Make Homemade Calming Dog Treats
What You’ll Need:
• Cookie cooker in cute shapes
• Large mixing bowl
• Rolling pin
• Metal baking sheet
• Parchment paper
• 1 chamomile tea bag
• 1.5 cups of oat flour
• 1/3 cup of unsweetened, plain yogurt (Be sure it contains no xylitol)
• 4 tablespoons, unsalted sunflower seeds
• 1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries chopped into small pieces
• 1 tablespoon honey
1. In the large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour and sunflower seeds.
2. Use scissors to open the chamomile tea bag and add the contents to the bowl.
3. Add the yogurt, dried strawberries, and honey.
4. Mix the contents well.
5. Use your hands to knead the dough into a firm ball. Add a small amount of water, if necessary, to soften the dough.
6. Roll the dough out using the rolling pin to a thickness of around ¼ inch.
7. Cut out shapes using your cookie cutters
8. Apply parchment paper to the metal baking sheet.
9. Place the cutout shapes on the parchment paper.
10. Preheat the oven and bake for 2 to-30 minutes at 325 degrees F
11. Remove the dog treats from the oven and let them cool on the counter. They should harden a bit more as they cool.